By Robert S. Youngquist
An important source for either scholars and practitioners, this entire textual content offers functional, up to date information regarding basic replica and reproductive issues in horses, livestock, small ruminants, swine, llamas, and different farm animals. that includes contributions from specialists within the box, every one part is dedicated to another huge animal species and starts off with a overview of the clinically correct elements of the reproductive anatomy and body structure of either women and men. Key themes contain the overview of breeding soundness, being pregnant analysis, prognosis and therapy of infertility, abortion, obstetrics, surgical procedure of the reproductive tract, care of neonates, and the newest reproductive technology.
- Includes assurance of all huge animal species.
- All sections supply a assessment of clinically pertinent reproductive body structure and anatomy of men and women of every species.
- Complete assurance of the most up-tp-date reproductive expertise, together with embryo move, estrous synchronization, and synthetic insemination.
- A new part on replacement farming that addresses replica in bison, elk, and deer.
- New to the equine part: stallion administration, infertility, and breeding soundness evaluation.
- New to the bovine part: estrous cycle synchronization, reproductive biotechnology, ultrasonographic selection of fetal gender, heifer improvement, and prognosis of abortion.
- New to the porcine part: synthetic insemination, boar/stud administration, ailments of postpartum interval, and infectious affliction control.
- New to the llama part: infectious affliction and nutrition.
Read or Download Current Therapy in Large Animal Theriogenology Vol. 2 PDF
Similar Animal Husbandry books
Feed and fertilizer are major charges in aquaculture operations and play a big function within the profitable construction of fish and different seafood for human intake. This publication reports the main homes of feeds, advances in feed formula and component offerings and the practicalities of feeding structures and techniques.
Fungal illnesses have contributed to loss of life and incapacity in people, brought on worldwide flora and fauna extinctions and inhabitants declines, devastated agricultural vegetation, and adjusted wooded area surroundings dynamics. regardless of the broad impression of fungi on well-being and monetary health and wellbeing, the threats posed via rising fungal pathogens to existence in the world are frequently underappreciated and poorly understood.
We proportion the earth with a large choice of animal species, each one of which brings anything detailed to the variety of the planet. by means of understanding extra approximately how animals behave and reside, we achieve a better realizing of ways existence advanced and the significance of biodiversity. Domestication investigates the animal behavioral trait with which we're so much prevalent ― how a variety of species of animals have, during the last few millenia, turn into precious contributors of human societies.
Extra resources for Current Therapy in Large Animal Theriogenology Vol. 2